Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Preparations

I am less than two weeks away from my departure! I am getting very excited, especially from the amout of love and support I have received from people here in the last few weeks. I have had so many good conversations with people about what is to come and how I am preparing for it! 

I want to let everyone know that I will be commissioned at the 9:00am service at St. Paul's Episcopal Church in Cleveland Heights this Sunday, August 10th! I would love it if people could be there to support me if you're in town!

I also wanted to thank a couple people specifically for their support the last few weeks! 

Thank you Kate Gillooly who sent me this awesome book by Archbishop Desmond Tutu to help me prepare! And I got it the same day as my visa! 


My visa is only for three months. I'm sure that is an adventure to figure out for another blog post. 

I got to spend some time with Mark Curley, who tutored me in French to help me prepare for the Francophone world ahead of me! Thank you Dr. Curley for all of your help and support! 


And of course! Thank you so much Cathy Paetz for the awesome rain jacket! Rainy season will be a whole lot dryer thanks to you! Thank you for your support in everything! And for having some pretty cool daughters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment