Sunday, July 20, 2014

August 18th!

Departures and Support!

It's official! I am leaving for Burundi from Cleveland Hopkins International Airport at 6:00am on August 18th! The date is really sneaking up on me and my excitement and anxiety are rising!

A month ago I went to New York for the YASC orientation and was able to meet and work with some amazing people. Here is a picture of the group of missionaries the Episcopal Church is sending out this year:


We are being sent to different countries in Central America, South America, Africa, and Asia. It really is an amazing group and will be an important support system as I go to my own placement country.

Fundraising update: 

I am so much closer to meeting my fundraising requirements than I ever thought I would be! I could not have made it this far without the support (financially and spiritually) from my community, especially from the people and groups at St. Paul's Episcopal Church in Cleveland Heights and the Diocese of Ohio! You all have amazed me with your generosity. So far, of the $10,000 I am required to raise by YASC I have raised $7,390! I am amazed and so thankful. I am so glad that so many people can be a part of my service year and journey abroad! 

Thank you all so much to everyone who has donated and made this possible for me. I will continue to fundraise as I prepare to leave and while in Burundi. I am also so thankful for all of the prayers, thoughts, questions, words of encouragement, and tips from everyone who has given them. They are more meaningful to me and important than you know! Thank you so those who have also given in-kind donations! Those have helped me so much in getting ready for this year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment